The Early Career and Student SIG (ECS-SIG) was established in March 2015 and is dedicated to represent and support students and early career E/HF professionals.
ECS-SIG brings together HFESA members who are: full-time or part-time students; have completed their studies within the last five years; and people who would like to help mentor or promote students.
Specifically, the SIG:
- Promotes and supports ECS members to assist in their engagement with the profession and the Society.
- Provides opportunities for ECS members to showcase their work to the wider HF/E community.
- Provides a forum for ECS members to connect with each other as they grow in the profession.
- Assists members who are gaining further qualifications while practising professionally to access support with regard to the process of further scholarship.
- Connects ECS members with mentors in their interest field/s to foster mutually beneficial relationships.
- Approaches HF/E educators and allied professionals (i.e. psychology, physiology, physiotherapy) in universities to promote the SIG and HFESA to students.
- Ensures continuous professional and personal development for established members and early career/student members to learn from each other and
- Campaigns for student access to conferences, and promotes student volunteering. By more directly involving students in the Society, we aim to foster an ongoing relationship, ensuring future Full Membership and engagement within the Society.