The HFESA vision will be achieved by:
- delivering quality and accessible professional development and networking programmes
- continually improving professional standards
- representing and lobbying government and industry on issues relevant to ergonomics and human factors in Australia
- promoting the value of professional ergonomics and human factors to industry, business, government, and the community, and
- partnering with relevant key professional bodies, educational facilities and industry to promote both research and the quality of application of ergonomics and human factors in Australia.
The goals of the Society are:
- Promote the application of sound ergonomics and human factors principles in the workplace.
- Promote the role of ergonomists.
- Provide relevant opportunities for professional development.
- Represent the interest of members to government, peak bodies, media and other organisations.
- Stimulate research, innovation and effective applications of ergonomics and human factors.
- Provide and assist communication systems between members of the Society.
- Increase and improve membership services.
- Administer the affairs of the Society effectively.